January 10, 2012

757. A Sith by any Other Name - Raezyr



Jahn Dhoe strode into the Prime Minister's Palace and trailing slightly to either side was Dael and General Rizen of the Elite Troopers. Their boots echoed loudly of the marble flooring as they strode purposefully down that expanse of the Great Hall.

From the other end, a middle-aged human dressed in business clothes came toward them, his hands folded in front of him.

"That's Prime Minister Zrabeth," Dael whispered just loud enough for Jahn to hear.

When they were still several meters away, Zrabeth dropped to one knee. "Your Majesty, please don't see me as a threat. I fully recognize your..."

"Get up," Jahn interupted him. "I see you're buying into the whole, 'king' thing as well."

"Absolutley," Zrabeth said, misunderstanding as he got to his feet, "and I can be of valuable assistance to you. I can provide counsel on governing and insight into policy and diplomacy. I'll even go and broadcast my support to the entire planet right now."

Jahn stood silently, pondering. Finally he spoke. "I've considered what you have to say, and it has merit."

A relieved look came across Zrabeth's face.

In the blink of an eye, Jahn drew his sword and sliced the former Prime Minister in two.

Dael stared in disbelief. "What in the stars did you do that for? I thought he was going to help you!"

"If I'm going to be king, then there can be no threat to my throne," Jahn explained. "And as long as he lived, there'd sure enough be some jackwagon who would want to put him back in power." He looked at the other two men, waiting for them to challenge what he'd said, but they both nodded their heads. Agree with how he handled it or not, the reasoning was sound and both of them knew it.

The big man with the scar wiped his blade clean and sheathed the weapon. He walked off to one side and pulled out his comm unit, punching in Jael's code back at headquarters.

Since this whole thing had begun, they hadn't had much time together. In fact, they'd been so busy that, other than their wedding, they'd barely spent much time together alone. He planned to rectify that soon.

"Jahn, is that you?" came the sweet sound of her voice on the other end of the link. "Are you alright? Is it over? How'd it go?" She blurted out the questions in rapid succession.

Jahn smiled. "My Love, let's just say that tonight, you and I will have a proper wedding night in the Prime Minister's... the King's Palace."

No comments:

Post a Comment