May 03, 2012

775. Behind You - Raezyr

"Alright, human... let us not become crazy," the Rodian said, suddenly worried. "I am sure a mutually beneficial arrangement can be made."

Sorah Kavel gave a quick glance sideways toward the room full of aliens with blasters trained on the two women. "Then maybe tell your friends to back down so we can do some business," she said, releasing her grip on the bluish green alien, but just enough so he could face the room.

He turned as much as he could and shouted in Huttese. "It is alright. Just a misunderstanding. Put your weapons away." Slowly, the aliens began to do as he said, and in response, Sorah deactivated the thermal detonator she was holding and slid it back inside her vest. Marla let the barrels of her blasters droop a little, but refrained from putting them away until the majority of the aliens had put theirs away and begun going back about their business.

Even then, she kept her hand on the grip of one of them at all times.

"Please. Sit." Deevum said, switching back to Galactic Basic once again and indicating they should sit in the booth.  Sorah let him go finally and the Rodian straightened the vest he was wearing before sliding into the alcove.

Sorah sat down across from him while Marla stood watch, blaster still loose in its holster.

"I see that serious are you about obtaining this information," the broker stated. "Every bit of information has its price."

"Oh, so now you're willing to sell out your client?" Sorah asked skeptically, ignoring his peculiar grammatical phrasing and lilting accent.

"That is in the negative. I still will not divulge the name belonging of my client," Deevum told her, but went on before she could interject. "However, I would be willing to sell certain details about my client, which were not known to me at the time, but have since been added to my knowledge. As such, part of my original agreement with them they were not. Such details may lead you to the one you seek and yet keep the integrity of myself intact."

Sorah sighed and leaned back. Underworld scum loved to talk about honor and integrity, but yet were willing to sell people out to make a buck the minute they could justify it to themselves to do so. "So what exactly might this information entail? I'm not going to pay you for something worthless to me."

"I can tell you what organization the client is affiliated with and where to find their headquarters," he said.

"How much?"

"That is the question, now, is it not?" the Rodian said with what she could only surmise was a grin in Rodian culture. "Willing to be drastic, you have shown you are desperate. This makes my information valuable of the extreme."

"I suggest you price your information very carefully. Keep in mind that turning you, me and this entire club into a super nova is still an option that's on the table," Sorah Kavel said quietly, staring straight into the Rodian's multi-faceted eyes.

They began to haggle over a price. Twenty minutes later, the two women walked out with smiles of determination on their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment