May 16, 2012

777. Behind You - Raezyr

The Black Daggers. The being who had put the hit on her belonged to them. At first, the name hadn't even rung a bell; Sorah Kavel barely remembered them. Thinking back though, vague impressions started coming back, but just general information, nothing that would indicate a reason why they would want her dead.

The rest of the information that Deevum had supplied was information that Marla Greywicke could have dug up on her own, and did in fact verify from the data terminal in her company speeder. The Black Daggers weren't much in the way of a criminal organization back when the two women had been a part of the underworld themselves.

In the intervening years, the Daggers had apparently build quite a reputation, eradicating several rival syndicates and even expanding into the hard spice trade as of late as well. As far as criminal organizations go, they weren't big enough to be noticed by galactic syndicates like the Hutts, but if they kept growing at the rate they were, they probably would be in another year or so.

Marla pulled up surveillance holograms of the gang leaders and showed them to her friend. Sorah glanced at them and then did a double take. One of them was familiar; she pointed him out.

"That's Dorg Lundis. Apparently he worked his way up through the organization quickly," Marla said reading the dossier on him that she got from her contacts in the judicial system. "No one really knows where he came from before he joined the Daggers, but he quickly developed a reputation for brutality and vengefulness."

"Yeah, I recognize him now, and his name wasn't always Dorg Lundis," Sorah explained. "It was before your time, but he and a friend of his were turned out of our former 'group of friends.' I caught him in the middle of beating down a female member of the gang. Apparently she had rejected his, uh, 'romantic advances' and 'Dorg' didn't take it lightly.

"Last thing he said to me as they ran him off was that I would pay for it." She smiled bitterly. "I guess somehow he found me and decided to make his payback. Except it was Drae who paid for it."

Marla reached over and touched Sorah's cheek gently. She wiped the lone tear rolling down her friends face. "Whatever he calls himself now doesn't matter, nor does it matter what gang he's in. Coming after you is the biggest mistake he ever made, and in the end, he's going to pay for it."

"I knew I could count on you. I've always known that," Sorah replied.

"That's because I'm always here for you," Marla replied. "Sorah... you know I..."

Sorah smiled as she looked into her friends eyes and interrupted. "Don't say it. I already know. I think deep down, I've always known."

No comments:

Post a Comment