July 02, 2009

479. Sith Hunt: Part 2 - Raezyr

"I don't give a mynock's ass who you are, I don't like it!" Captain Wash Moklam roared.

"Captain, Cae and I are only hear as liason's to your current mission. We're only here as your advisors, and to take charge of the prisoners once dey are captured," Jedi Nal Talla said to the middle aged human who as pacing furiously around his office.

"We all know why you're here, Jedi, and it's not to 'advise' me. I've dealt with both pirates and Sith before, and know exactly what to do with them when I find them. You're here to head up this mission. Don't try to argue, because I've been around the quasar a time or two, and I can read between the lines," Moklam ranted.

Caecilius folded his arms inside of his robes. His eyeless head, wrapped in simple bandages to hide his lack of sight organs followed the Captain's every move. "Captain, let me fill you in on some of the background of which you may not have been made aware.

"These Sith that we are after are just two of several Sith apprentices. We are hoping they can lead us to the others. Their Master has been cornered on Igollon by another Republic Warship and several Jedi Masters. He's quite dangerous. He and his apprentices are responsible for the death and destruction that took place in the Senate Building on Coruscant a few months ago.

"And we have a personal stake in this as well, Captain," Caecilius continued. "They were the ones who took Nal's leg, and killed one of our close friends in the attack."

Captain Moklam had stopped pacing while Caecilius spoke, but now his face turned red with anger. "Don't you self-righteous Jedi presume to tell me about how this is 'personal' for you," he hissed.

"One Jedi and a leg, and you're all up in arms? You think that's personal? Let me tell you what they took from me: 73 dead, 182 seriously wounded, many of whom are now living without their limbs. And the Republic doesn't pay for the wonderful toys you Jedi get," he snarled, indicating Nal's prosthetic. "Most had to raise the creds for their own limbs, or are still in hoverchairs. That's 255 men and women dead or injured. Men and women that I personally knew and was responsible for. I personally contacted many of their families. I did. Not one of my subordinates. And I'm not even going in to the millions of credits worth of damage inflicted on this ship, and months of lost time, when we could have been out there patrolling, and keeping the Galaxy safe. So don't tell me about 'personal.' You can't even begin to comprehend 'personal.'" Moklam plopped down in his chair across the desk from the two Jedi as if his rant had exhausted him.

"Captain. We are sorry for your loss, but we can assure you that our end goal is the exact same. Revenge for those that have fallen," Nal said. As a Jedi, she wasn't supposed to be worried about revenge, and she might catch slag for it later, but right now, she wanted nothing more than for those Sith, especially that 'Raezyr,' to pay for their crimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment