August 09, 2009

496. Manipulation of Emotion - Raezyr

Raezyr stepped behind the partition and stripped off his wet robes. The wind and rain was still howling outside, punctuated by the peals of thunder as the lightning crashed all about them. Outside it was nearly pitch black, despite only being early evening.

Carefully he pulled out the bag which held his armor and strapped it on, piece by piece. He buckled on his utility belt and then clipped his one working lightsaber in it's normal place. He then slung his cloak over his shoulders and clipped it in place about his neck. Picking up his helmet, he tucked it under his arm.

The rest of the house remained silent while he changed, except for the quiet sobs coming from Violet. He heard Mathias finally speak up as he was finishing.

"I suppose I owe you boys some thanks," the big monk sighed. "I still lost a son tonight, although I never thought it would be at my other son's hand. I never would have believed I would need to strike one of my brothers.

"What I don't understand is where Mannix got that big knife," Mathias pondered aloud.

Trychon cleared his throat. "Well, it's my knife. The one Violet gave to me for work, but how Mannix got it, I just don't know."

Raezyr smiled to himself at that, and stepped around the corner. "We appreciate your thanks, but I'm afraid your sentiments are a bit premature."

Violet and Mathias stared in bewilderment as Raezyr slipped the helmet onto his head. "We thank you for taking us in and the hospitality you've shown us, so please know that this isn't personal."

The double snap-hiss of two lightsabers igniting seemed loud in the house, despite the noise from outside. A few moments later, both Sith stepped back out into storm, Trychon now dressed in his usual black fatigues and wrapped in a cloak as well.

1 comment:

  1. how are you gonna top this
    there's just no way

    ReplyDelete