March 05, 2010

575. The Heist - Raezyr


The Baron's soldiers had responded to the alarms at the detention facility, and after viewing the order signed by their liege, Raezyr and Trychon were released, along with their charge.

Once outside the village, they removed the bonds from Dagus Kolant. "Now I'd like you to answer some questions for me," he said, rubbing his wrists where the shackles had bound them.

"You can ask your questions, but whether we answer them remains to be seen," Raezyr said, stripping away the Jedi disguise. Trychon shot him a glare the younger Sith didn't notice, or if he did, pretended he didn't.

"I'm relatively sure you're not Jedi, since I've had dealings with you in the past, but your performance and expertise with those lightsabers make it hard even for me to believe you're not. What are you?"

Raezyr ignored the question, dropping the cloak and tunic on the ground. It was early fall in this area of Talus and although there was a chill in the evening air, he felt he'd rather endure that be dressed like a Jedi one more minute than he had to.

He ignited his long lightsaber and stuck the tip of the blade into the cloth, holding it there until the garments began burning. Finally he looked up at Dagus. "Let's just say I hate the Jedi and leave it there, shall we?"

"Fair enough," the Zabrak replied. "My next question is why bother to rescue me at all? Don't get me wrong, but most prospective clients would have just found someone else."

Trychon jumped in before Raezyr could continue with his melodramatics. "We did that for a couple of reasons. One, we know you, and we know that you are a being of your word. Second, we hope that our actions are a show of good faith, that you can also trust us in this upcoming endeavor."

"Very well. Let us go somewhere and discuss this 'endeavor' of yours."

They climbed aboard the swoop bikes and made their way through the forests to where they had parked their ship. By the time Kolant's men arrived, the Sith and the mercenary had already gone over the plans several times, worked out any potential kinks, and come to a payment arrangement.

"You understand that timing is everything in this," Trychon said to Kolant as the man climbed into the waiting speeder.

"I understand. I still think it sounds too easy, but you can rest assured that my men and I will be in place at the specified time," the Zabrak reassured his new employers.

Trychon and Raezyr watched as they sped off through the forest. "I have a bad feeling about this plan, Trych," Raezyr said. "It gives me the chills thinking about it."

"No, Raez," Trychon replied. "That's because you're still not wearing a shirt."

"Shut up, Trych."

"I knew you were going to say that."

No comments:

Post a Comment