June 15, 2009

458. Manipulation of Emotion - Trychon

Having already done a rather thorough search of the wreckage for his datapad, Trychon didn't bother to look for anything else of value before following Raezyr out into the open again. He also saw the look on Mannix's face almost immediately. As he formulated a response to settle the boy down, he noticed the entire surrounded area seemed a bit quieter than when he'd entered the shuttle.

Trychon adopted a small, embarrassed grin and gave Mannix a quick chuckle. "Heard that, did you?"

Mannix lifted his jaw back up so he could respond, but he couldn't think of what to say.

"See?" Trychon filled the gap for him. "This is a perfect example of what we were talking about. If I were a young Jedi, I would have gotten a lecture for allowing myself emotions like that. Instead, I would have kept them inside and let them eat at the back of my mind indefinitely. Instead, I've always found that by feeling my emotions instead of denying them, I can deal with them and move on. It's much more constructive, and I'm fine now."

Mannix seemed to consider the words as he nodded silently. Trychon knew he wouldn't speak up for a few moments, so he continued. "I'll be the first to admit I may have gone a bit overboard in my reaction. However, it was better than allowing all of my emotions for the rest of the day be tainted by that one moment. I'm sure if the Jedi could really see back into the past, they would find that the intent of their staunch rules likely were only to help them handle their emotions properly, not deny them entirely. It simply doesn't make sense. Not that I'm saying I have all of the answers either, everyone needs to find their own way I think."

Trychon turned to look at Raezyr, whom he was sure was also enjoying the irony as Mannix was surely struggling not to overreact as he was being told that it was the perfectly normal solution. If the Jedi were staunch supporters of keeping negative emotions internalized, an order that thought that the Jedi were too violent would likely be horrified by Trychon's display of anger.

Raezyr stepped forward and put a hand on Mannix's shoulder. "Relax, kid. We're not here to preach our ways or push anything onto any of you. In fact, we probably wouldn't have even discussed it with most of your family or friends, but you seem to have an open, learning mind. We're still figuring things out for ourselves." He could see Mannix become more comfortable, so he continued. "Besides, Trychon is the last person who'd ever allow his emotions to overtake him or allow him to lose control."

Raezyr hid another smile as he couldn't help but think of Trychon holding that guard in the air, with sparks and smoke filling the air as he quite literally killed him with his rage.

Mannix looked up at Raezyr. "Don't call me kid."

"See? Didn't that feel good?"

No comments:

Post a Comment