February 08, 2009

263. Anchorhead - Trychon

Raezyr was sipping his ale a bit more slowly than the other two. A lot slower, really. Tyrrazapon ordered three more ales. Raezyr didn't figure he'd really be in the running for the extra one then, either.

He turned to Anya, who seemed to be taking Tyrrazapon's and Trychon's comments into consideration well. "In the end, we're probably going to spend a fair amount of time in establishments like this. It's a good way to get information, as well as leads towards getting credits and other things we may need. We're on our own by and large now."

Anya sighed. "I know all that really... I just... I have some ugly memories this crowd brings out a bit more than I'd like. Looking around, I know I can't trust any of these... fuckers."

Trychon finished his ale just ahead of Tyrrazapon again and grabbed the extra drink. Tyrrazapon gave him a mock sulking look. Trychon took a quick sip and smiled. "Really, Anya... nobody here can trust us. We did more damage in the past week than I'd wager this entire Cantina has done in their lifetimes combined. They may not realize it fully... but they should be worried about you. Not the other way around."

Anya smiled at that, and grabbed the ale from Trychon. She took a drink and made a sour face in the process, but in the end she smiled. "I know you guys are right... I need to get used to feeling more in control than I did for the earlier parts of my life. Back to the original question, I guess.... what now?"

1 comment: