February 15, 2009

277. Hoth: King's Lair - Trychon

Dianna led the four sith to her private dining room, along with Zanz, her first mate. He looked gruff and still wore pieces of his old commando armor from his days when he served in the Sith army nearly 20 years ago.

They were all seated at the table when Dianna looked at Trychon and said. "You look familiar... do I know you?"

Trychon smiled at her. "I'm wanted in all the core systems..."

She scoffed. "I've heard that one before. Usually with an offer for a drink."

Trychon just chuckled and said nothing.

Zanz didn't believe in beating around the bush. He spoke as they all sat down, "I know what you are. I spent my youth serving in the Sith army under Revan, and then Malak. I fought side-by-side with many Sith. More importantly, I know WHO you are." He glared at them for a moment.

"Captain, these are the murdering bastards from the holo from Coruscant. They'll only bring us trouble. The Republic and the Jedi will be all over them. They'll be all over us, too if you don't send them packing right fucking now!"

Dianna's face darkened as she turned to her guests. "Is that true? Was that you, Tyr?" she asked.

He looked up, and put on as innocent face as he could. "I'm telling you that it's not what it looked like. I won't lie. That was us, but it wasn't what it looked like."

"It looked like you were gunning down random people in the street," she said.

"Okay, so maybe it was what it looked like, but there was more to it than what you saw," Tyr said reassuringly.

"How could you have murdered all those people? What kind of monsters are you?" she asked as she stood up, backing away and sliding a hand up her left sleeve.

Zanz jumped up as well, dropping his hand for his blaster.

Raezyr, Trychon and Anya reacted instantly, jumping from their seats. Their lightsabers were ignited even as Zanz was gripping his blaster.

"WAIT!" Tyrrazapon yelled, jumping onto the table between everyone.

"The gods know I've killed my share of people. Some were even unarmed. But they were never bystanders, Tyr. They each posed a threat to me and my crew," Dianna said forcefully, gun pointed at Trychon.

"Dianna, listen to me. We were there for other reasons, not wanton killing. We were on a mission when we were attacked by the Jedi.

"I know you may not understand this, but it was the only way we could defeat them. The deaths of those people caused terror, which disrupted the power that the Jedi draw on," Tyr said pleadingly.

"I don't believe in any of that Force nonsense," she said. Her tone was still serious, but it was easy to see that her conviction was wavering.

"The Jedi forced us to kill those people, Di. It wasn't our fault. If they had left us alone, no one would have ever known we were on Coruscant.

"The Jedi meddle in everything. They stick their noses where it doesn't belong. You know this as well as I do. We only did what we had to do to get out of there with our lives."

Tense moments ticked away as she pondered what Tyrrazapon had said.

"Your right. The Jedi have screwed me over on numerous occaisions, even when the Republic wasn't involved. I'll believe you.... for now," Dianna said and tucked her hold-out back into it's sleeve holster.

It was apparent that Zanz didn't like it, but he followed his Captain's lead.

Trychon put his blade away as he picked up his chair and sat down.

"Can we eat now? 'Cause I'm starving."

1 comment: