April 14, 2009

378. Sith Hunt, Part 1 - Raezyr

Using the Force, Nal levitated the bodies of the survivors so they were all next to each other. Easier to keep an eye on all of them, she thought to herself.

After a few moments, the Rodian woke up.

Nal bent down in front of him. "Tell us where Sand Iago is."

The Rodian began speaking quickly in his native language. Nal wasn't familiar with Rodian curse words, although the term "Jedi poodoo" stood out pretty clearly.

She stood up and turned to Caecillius. "I don't tink he's going to tell us where Iago is."

"Oh, I think he will," Caecillius replied. He walked over to the fingerless Rodian and squatted down in front of him. He waved his hand in front of the Rodian before he spoke.

"We are no threat to your organization," he said and paused.

[You are no threat to my organization], replied the Rodian.

"You want to tell us all you know of Sand Iago," Caecillius said, waving his hand again.

[I want to tell you about Sand Iago.] the Rodian repeated before going on, [Sand Iago is the captain of a free lance mercenary crew. No one has seen or heard from him in months. That's all I know.]

Nal couldn't believe what she was hearing. They'd wasted all this time on Nar Shaddaa, only to find out something they'd already known. She walked over to the Rodian and, grabbing his tunic front, yanked him to his feet and shoved him against a cargo crate. "Look you son of a Sithspawn, Iago is da only link we have to finding dose what murdered my friend. We know he worked for da Exchange, where is he?" she demanded.

[I swear I don't know. I'm just a soldier. I just do what the bosses tell me, and they only tell me what I need to know.] The rodian replied, shocked at venom with which the Jedi had spoken.

"Den you had bettah tell me where to find your bosses," Nal said, still holding him against the plasteel.

[I can't tell you that!]

Caecillius walked over and whispered to the Rodian while waving his hand just slightly. "You might want to tell her what you know. I've never seen her like this, and there's no telling what sort of Jedi tricks she may use on you."

[I really can't tell you! I just get my orders over a scrambled comm frequency. I've never seen them in person! Please Master Jedi, you have to believe me!] the Rodian replied in utter terror.

Nal let him go, disgusted. "Well, dis was all pointless. Might as well call da authorities."

"What would be the point of that? These goons will be out of jail before they even set foot in there. Besides, we don't want to blow our cover," Caecillius replied.

Nal reminded him that their cover was already blown, and despite being a useless gesture, it's what the law demanded.

It didn't take long for the local Security Force to arrive and haul the thugs off. After giving their statements to the authorities, they decided to head back to their hotel to regroup and contact the Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment