January 13, 2009

144. Sith Academy - Raezyr

Raezyr awoke the next morning completely refreshed. He dressed and packed his small duffle. Raezyr noted that Tyr's cloak had been picked up as he made his way to the cafeteria and grabbed a quick bite to eat, then proceeded to the main hall where he sensed the others were waiting.

As he entered the hall he saw Anya and Tyr with their lightsabers out, going through a light sparring session. Trychon was watching intently from a nearby bench.

Raezyr walked over to the bench, dropped his duffle next to a couple of others and sat down next to Trychon.

"Did you have a good night last night?" he asked Trychon casually, trying to make small talk while they waited for Lord Eiron to make his entrance.

Trychon tensed, then looked at Raezyr suspiciously, "What do you mean?"

That's a weird reaction.

"I mean, did you get the studying done that you wanted to?"

"Oh... yeah... I got some studying done."

"Hey, I was able to get your shuttle over to the repair dock in Dreshdae. They can get it fixed, but they need to have a few parts shipped in, so it'll be a couple of weeks. Also, I figured out why you couldn't change course. Someone hard wired in the destinations and bypassed the manual contols," Raezyr informed him.

"Well, that's good to know. I was able to slice the nav com but it ignored any of my inputs. I thought I had lost my touch," Trychon chuckled. He seemed to relax as they chatted.

"And I was thinking we better leave that HK droid here until we can get to the bottom of that little mystery," Trychon proposed.

"Good idea. Say, the next destination on your shuttle was a planet near Tatooine called Arkanis. It seemed familiar to me at the time, but I haven't been able to figure out why."

They both fell silent and watched the sparring match in front of them. The rythmic hum of the engergy blades filled the cavernous hall, broken only by screeching hiss of the red and orange blades when they connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment