January 13, 2009

167. Sith Saga: Proving Grounds - Eiron

When Sloan left the club five hours later, drunker, richer and much more confused, it was easy for someone with Force abilities to cloud his mind and encourage him to take a back alley, making him think that the street taking him in the opposite direction of his hotel was really a shortcut. Sloan had enough alcohol in him that it did not require a tremendous amount of effort on Eiron's part.

Alone in the back alley, Eiron released his hold on Sloan's mind. Immediately, the Gossam started looking back and forth, itchy, knowing something was not right. "Hello?"

Eiron spoke, though he did not move. "It would be in your best interests to allow me access to the Revenant's assets."

"I...uh...well, see...I'm looking to retire. Get out of this business."

"Oh? And how does one retire from this life?"

"Get your personal things in order, fake suicide and run."

"Sounds simple." Eiron stepped out of the shadows. "If you're looking to retire, I can offer you a new job. Something fairly worry-free."

The Gossam perked up. "What's that?"

"I have a ship, a battleship, with war materials, droids, and a treasury. I will need someone to manage those things for me. You wouldn't be losing any enemies, but you would be gaining the protection of the Sith. This I can offer you, if you can get me access to the Revenant's assets. Or, you could refuse, and I could kill you. It's a simple matter of life and death, really."

Sloan looked over his shoulder. "I'm not sure."

"Yes you are." Eiron handed Sloan a small device. "All I need you to do is plant this in the safe where the Revenants keep their valuables within the next twenty-four hours. After that, we'll meet here. You'll give me a rundown on the security systems, and then you'll hurry up and fake your death. I'll deal with it from there."

"What if I get caught?"

"You won't."

Eiron walked off, leaving Sloan alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment