January 13, 2009

162. Sith Saga: Proving Grounds - Raezyr

Raezyr paid the fare and made his way to the Rusty Speeder. He was expecting a real shit-hole, and he wasn't dissappointed.

This place makes the Mos Eisley cantina look upscale.

He walked over to the bar and elbowed himself a place.

"What?" the barkeep barked, looking annoyed.

"I want some information. I am looking for employment and rumor says the Revenants are the people to see," he said loud enough to be overheard.

The bartender looked Raezyr, clearly re-assessing him. He glanced quickly over at a booth in the back with four seedy looking characters seated there. "Never heard of them," he said looking back at Raezyr. He quickly walked to the other end of the bar.

Raezyr walked over to the booth the bartender had glanced at and stood in front of it. He embraced the Force, trying to sense signs of trouble.

"My name is Raezyr. I am looking for the Revenants," he announced.

The four men stood up slowly.

"Are you now?" said a man wearing a black sweat stained shirt. "And exactly why are you looking for them?"

"I wish to-" Suddenly he sensed that the man in black was about to draw his blaster.

Raezyr drew his long saber and ignited it just as the man's hand grabbed his blaster. The snap-hiss stopped the man cold. The blue blade thrummed at the man's throat.

"L-look Jedi... we want no trouble," he stammered.

"Jedi? JEDI? I am NOT a Jedi. If you call me such again, I'll carve out your tongue with this blade. Do I make myself clear?" Raezyr hissed through his mask, looking at each of the four men in turn.

"Yeah... perfectly clear," the leader said.

"Now, you will hear me out," he said and shut down the blade. He left it out, in case they got any funny ideas.

"My partner and I wish to join the Revenants. I know that your group currently has some heat from a Judicial named Thar-in Vol. As proof of our intent, we will eliminate Vol for you. In return, you will let us join you. What do you say?"

"I'll have to check. I don't have the authority to make a deal like that," the man in black said.

"Then go check. I will stay here with your cohorts."

The man quickly exited through a side door.

"Now, you take your seats. I'll be back."Raezyr took a few steps over to a corner where he could comm Anya and still keep an eye on the other three men. He clicked on his helmet comm.

"Bravo 3, this is Bravo 5. Come in."

After a moment or two, Anya came back, "Go ahead."

"Anya, when I give you the signal, kill Vol. But do it discreetly."

No comments:

Post a Comment