March 06, 2009

294. Pirates....... YAR! - Raezyr

"Better change into some work clothes then," Raezyr said, walking back to his cabin.

"Excuse me?" Dianna said, following him.

"If you're going to go over this thing with me, you're going to help, not just stand there and look pretty," Raezyr informed her.

"Don't let my compliment go to your head. I'm still in charge here. If I feel like supervising you while you work, then that's what I'm going to do, got it?" she said, her ire up. She had planned on giving him a hand anyway, but here he was, trying to give her orders.

Raezyr turned around as he was about to enter his cabin and removed his helm. "You are in charge of that cargo, but I'm in charge of this ship. So is Trychon. Now, if you want to come with me, then you're going to help," Raezyr said. "'Got it?'" he added mockingly.

"Listen asshole: You better thank whatever gods you pray to that you aren't part of my crew, or I'd put a blaster hole in your forehead. I don't tolerate insubordination in this outfit!" Dianna yelled.

Raezyr grabbed her upper arms, pushed her against the wall and crushed his lips to hers. She struggled for a moment and then relented, giving in to the kiss.

Raezyr released her, stepped back and Dianna hit him in the mouth with her fist.

The punch was a good one and left blood trickling from Raezyr's lip. He wiped it with the back of his hand and looked at it, then at her.

"Don't... don't ever do that again," she said a bit breathlessly and with little conviction.

She turned and went into her cabin.

-----------------

Raezyr stepped into his cabin and quickly changed to his fatigues, then headed back to the engine room. He was there for about 20 minutes when Dianna showed up in her own fatigues.

"Start over there, if you wouldn't mind," Raezry said as she entered.

Without a word, she went to work. It wasn't long before Raezyr spoke, "Damn."

"What is it," Dianna said, looking up from the components she was checking.

"One of those hits we took overloaded the hyperdrive circuits. We're running on back ups right now, but we'll never make it to Commenor," Raezyr said.

No comments:

Post a Comment