March 17, 2009

332. Pirates....... YAR! - Raezyr

They were placed in the same holding cell for the time being, having been unceremoniously shoved there.

"You want your binders off?" Raezyr asked.

"How dumb are you?" Dianna responded, clearly still livid at being captured. "If they come in here and see them off, they'll just lock us down more securely."

"I was just asking. No need to get your panties in a bunch, if you're even wearing any." Raezyr commented off-handedly.

"What?" Dianna asked, thrown off by the unexpected comment.

"I just mean that I can't tell if you wear any. I've never seen any lines that indicated that you do, and with pants like yours, I would think it'd be obvious," Raezyr said in a matter of fact tone.

"Rafe, shouldn't you be thinking about getting us out of here, instead of my underwear?" The implications of her using a false name weren't lost on him.

He continued as if he hadn't noticed. "Oh, so you DO wear panties!" He laughed and Dianna just shook her head. He leaned up against the wall, watching as she paced back and forth.

"Nah, I'm not worried about it, things always seem to work out alright for me. And if they don't, then I'll just do my best to force our way out. I may die trying, but it'll be better than rotting in prison." He looked around the room, hoping he didn't say to much. The only reason they'd put them both together was that the room was bugged. They probably hoped something useful would be said if they thought no one was listening.

Dianna turned to him. "You're not planning on telling them anything, are you?"

"C'mon, Di. You should know better than that. My friends are back on Tatooine just the same as yours." He hoped the bait wasn't too obvious to the Reps, although Dianna glared at him.

She continued as if nothing were amiss. "You better not. If you do, I'll slit your throat myself. I don't care what connections you have," she said, glaring at him.

He was about to reply when he felt several presences approaching. He caught Dianna's attention and flicked his eyes toward the door. She stopped pacing and stood at the front of the cell waiting.

When the door opened, she was ready, but a guard used a deactivated stun baton to push her back roughly against the back wall. The four others approached Raezyr with their weapons crackling with energy.

Oops... shouldn't have said anything about forcing my way out... "Hey, I'm not going to be any trouble."

One of the guards slammed him in the stomach with the stun baton, nearly knocking the wind out of him and dropping him to the floor. Two of the guards picked him up by his arms.

"We know."

----------------------------------------

Coruscant: Jedi Temple: Jedi Nal Talla - Raezyr

Nal and Caecilian parked their vehicle a short distance from the Rusty Speeder and walked the rest of the way.

All eyes in the bar turned to the two Jedi as they entered the door.

The moved quickly to the bar and spoke to the bartender.

"We are here to see Shado Golar," Nal said.

"Who?" the bartender asked. "I'm sorry, but that name means nothing to me."

"Look, we are on official Jedi business. So we can do dis da easy way, or da hard way. You can tell him dat two Jedi are here to see him, or we can tear dis place apart until we find him," Nal informed him with deadly seriousness.

"You can't do that, you're Jedi!" the shocked bartender said.

"Try me," Nal replied.

The bartender looked at her for a moment, then decided he wasn't willing to find out if she was bluffing. He looked over at a man standing near a door in the back and gave him a nod. The man quickly disappeared through the door.

"He'll be told you're here. Can I get you something while you wait?" the bartender asked.

"Noting for me, tank you," Nal said.

"Me neither," Caecilian added.

--------------------------

Jedi Caecillius Kostek - Mirk

After a short wait at the bar Caecilian noticed a Twi'lek coming up behind them.
"Ah, here he is" Caecilian said, and a few moments later the Twi'lek was next to them.

"I am Shado Golar" He said "You wanted to speak with me?"

"We do" Nal replied.

"Make it quick then, I have things to do" said Shado

"We are looking for four Sith, and we have... reason to believe you have had some association with them" Caecilian said.

Shado was silent for a moment before replying "Yes, I know them, though I did not know that they were Sith at the time... and once I did find out they were... released from employment. You see a reputable organization like mine can't afford such hooligans on the payroll. I hear tell, that they joined a pirate crew under a man called Sand Iago. Nasty fellow, always coming in here, does business with the Exchange I hear. But like I said I am just a businessman so we quickly show his sort the door."

"What of da warehouse?"

"I thought you might ask that... unfortunately I have no knowledge of this warehouse, why they were there, or what it may have contained. Now, if we are done here I have places to be. I will of course contact you if I get any more information. Good day Master Jedis" And with that he got up and left, not even giving the two Jedi time to reply.

"I don't see how people like him are on the streets... everyone knows they are dirty, yet no one will touch them. Oh well at least we have a bit more information than we started with." Caecilian said.

"Yes, but have still run into a dead end." Nal replied.

"Well, shall we head back to the temple?" Caecilian asked "Perhaps they will have found something else while we were away."

"I think dat might be the only thing we can do" Nal said. The pair then walked back to the speeder and after a bit of a drive, arrived back at the temple.


-----------------------------------

Jedi Nal Talla - Raezyr

Nal spent the rest of the evening meditating in her room. Shado Golar was clearly lying, but without any real reason to bring him in for questioning, they weren't going to get anything further. Tomorrow they'd check with the judicials and see what, if anything, they had on this Sand Iago character.

The next morning, she found Caecilian already at work on things.

"Find anyting out about dis Iago person?" she asked.

"They don't have much. He's suspected in various heists and there is some supposed connections with The Exchange, but there's not much else. He seems like he's a merc or an independent operator," Caecillian replied.

"Well, it isn't much, but it seems to me dat our only lead from here is Da Exchange. I tink we need to go to Nar Shaddaa and poke around a bit," Nal suggested.

"Sounds good to me, just let me grab a few things," Caecilian said.

"I'll do da same and meet you in da hangar," Nal said, turning on her heel and heading back for her room. She quickly packed a few personal items, and then made a quick stop in the medical bay for one last check up on her artificial leg.

On her way out, after getting a clean bill, she noticed a full bearded man striding purposefully down the hall, still wearing patient clothing and trailing various tubes and wires, with a droid trying to catch up to him. She just chuckled to herself and made her way to the hangar.

Caecillian was already there.

They strapped themselves into the cockpits of their respective fighters, adjusted their headsets and, after recieving the proper clearance, left the hangar and shot into the Coruscant sky.

They carefully wound their way through the traffic and broke free from the atmosphere, following their designated flight plan to avoid all the other traffic in the hub of the galaxy, eventually reaching the outer part of the system.

"Nar Shaddaa, here we come," Nal said into her comm.

"See you on the other side of hyperspace," Caecilian replied, and with that, they watched as the starlines streaked past their fighters, then collapsed into mottled blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment