March 17, 2009

334. Pirates....... YAR! - Raezyr

Dianna heard the sound of footsteps outside the cell. Raezyr had been gone a long time, hours it seemed, but without any chronos around, it was hard to tell.

The door opened and the guards flung him onto the floor and then closed the door again. He struggled to get to his knees and Dianna could see the blood dripping from his face. She knelt down and helped him into a sitting position.

She barely recognized him. His right was swollen shut, the blood running from the cut above it would have blinded him even if it hadn't been swollen. His left eye was swollen up as well, although not closed and there was another cut on his left cheekbone. His nose was broken and blood ran from his nostrils as well as another gash on the bridge. He looked up at Dianna and grinned through his swollen and bloody lips, showing two missing teeth and a mouth full of blood.

"Oh my, what did those sick bastards do to you?" she said, ripping the sleeve from Raezyr's shirt to and tried to staunch the blood flow. She noticed that his arm was already turning black and blue as well.

Raezyr turned his head and spat blood on the floor. "Don't worry about me. My plan is working perfectly. I wore them out with my face." He started to chuckle, but began to cough instead and had to spit more blood.

"I think I did this to myself mostly. The more I laughed and taunted them, the harder they hit me. The best part though, was listening to them getting yelled at for 'taking it too far.' They drug me back here after that." He grinned at her through the bloody mask.

"How can you be smiling right now?"

"Well it's difficult really. And painful. But it beats laughing. I think they broke most of my ribs, so smiling really is my only option." He grinned.

"Raez, you know what I mean," Dianna said as she dabbed at his cuts. She had seen tougher men squirm and cry after lesser beatings than Raezyr had just taken. "You're normally angry all the time."

"Oh, I'm saving my anger for a special occasion, and unless I miss my guess, that party should be starting very shortly." Raezyr pushed himself up to a standing position.

It took her a moment to realize that he meant Trychon must be on his way, or nearby, but she continued as if she hadn't noticed. "Should you be standing up right now?"

"I don't want the bruising on my legs to cause them to stiffen up." He grinned at her again, but this time she could almost feel the malice emanating from within him.

No comments:

Post a Comment