March 08, 2009

304. Pirates....... YAR! - Raezyr

"I don't blame you, but didn't you just tell me that 'It's always our move?'" Raezyr chuckled a bit then downed the last of his ale. He got up and grabbed two more, taking a long pull from his before he sat back down. He then filled up his mug again and set the other in front of Trychon.

"Well, yeah, it's more of a "do as I say, not as I do" type of thing. As I've said, I've made plenty of mistakes," Trychon said taking another drink.

"You're going to have to tell me about some of your mistakes, sometime. I've never stayed too long in one place so I was never able to get close enough to any woman to have more than a physical relationship, although there was a time or two I would have liked to pursue. Master always discouraged getting too close to anyone.

"Right now, I want to know where the hell you came up with that kind of power. I hit you with a kick that should have knocked you out cold. I put all the power I had behind it, and it didn't even phase you. Then later you decimated my defenses, even though I was ready for the attack," Raezyr commented, switching up topics.

"I'm not exactly sure myself. I've felt it a few times before, but never as strong, and it usually manifests itself during the heat of battle. I wish I could control it, but the funny thing is that it almost seems like it's coming from outside, rather than from within," Trychon said still twirling the un-ignited lightsaber hilt.

"Master mentioned before that there are powerful objects out there which can enhance Force powers, and I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere in the reading that I was able to do in the archives at Korriban, but it's not like we have any objects like that," Raezyr said, trying to clear the alcohol haze. There was something nagging at him, and if only he hadn't had so many ales he might be able to recall what it was.

"Yeah, no kidding....... wait sec," Trychon said excitedly as he began to dig through a pouch on his utility belt.

"What are you looking for?" Raezyr asked confusedly.

"Ahah," Trychon exlaimed. "Do you remember that gem we found on Nar Shaddaa, back when we were trying to locate Darth Vikon?"

"Vaguely," Raezyr replied, still trying to clear his head a bit.

Trychon pulled an object from his belt and held it up so they both could see. It was the black gem.

"Man, I forgot about that thing," Raezyr said.

"Me too, until you just said that about objects.... and here's the weirdest part," Trychon commented. "Here, hold it."

Raezyr put out his hand and Trychon dropped the black gem into his palm.

"Holy Shit! It's hot!"

No comments:

Post a Comment