March 17, 2009

324. Pirates....... YAR! - Raezyr

You'd do well to realize that not everything is a joke. Raezyr glowered at Trychon.

Dianna looked suspiciously back and forth between Trychon and Raezyr after noticing the looks between the two. "We can't leave it here, so whoever had the bright idea to bring it needs to go find somewhere to dump it."

You're serious enough for both of us. Hell, you're serious enough to compensate for a space circus. Maybe it's you that needs to learn to lighten up. Trychon glared back at Raezyr.

Maybe you're right... Let's go dump that speeder, Raezyr thought as he nodded his head.

Dianna had studied them silenty as they had exchanged looks. "I knew it! You two are talking somehow." She pointed her finger accusingly at both of them.

"What are you talking about?" Trychon put on a confused look as he stood up.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," she retorted. "I know what I saw."

Trychon continued the innocent gambit. "What did you see?" he said shrugging his shoulders and holding his hands out to the sides.

"You can cut it out, Trych. I'm not stupid. I'm not some dumb bar slut that will fall for any old lie. I didn't get where I am by being gullible or oblivious. I know that you're either telepathic or, more likely, it's some Force trick that you're using.

"The bottom line is that you two have plenty of time to talk behind my back when I'm not around, and don't think that I don't know you're doing it. I just wish you would stop doing it right in front of me." She folded her arms and waited for them to respond.

"Di, you're right. We can communicate through the Force, and we were doing it just now," Raezyr acknowledged. "But here's the way it is: We were not talking about you just now, and although we will try to remember not to do it, there will be times when it's going to happen, whether you like it or not."

"I don't like it. I've noticed it before and I feel like you're plotting behind my back." The set of her jaw told him that this one could drag out for awhile.

"The last time I did something you didn't like, you punched me. You could try that approach again," Raezyr said with a straight face.

Trychon held up one finger and cut in before she could respond, "Di, I wouldn't do that. I get the feeling he thinks that's foreplay."

Dianna looked into Raezyr's eyes and he held her gaze. If only she could figure out what was going on behind them. Slowly her look softened, then she turned her head and looked at the wall. She uncrossed her arms and placed them on her hips. "Please, someone, take care of that speeder."

Turning, she walked away toward her cabin.

When she was out of earshot Raezyr turned to Trychon. "Now why did you have to go and tell her that?" he said with a grin as he grabbed his jacket and headed for the hatch.

1 comment:

  1. Heehee... Raez gets ALL the ladies ;)

    Oh, and thank you for reading my story and commenting again... you're a sweetie. Was telling Trych this morning I should write more, if I could just figure out WHAT to write.

    ReplyDelete