March 10, 2009

305. Pirates....... YAR! - Raezyr

"Yeah.... what do you think it means?" Trychon asked.

Raezyr kept moving the black gem around in his hands. It wasn't hot enough to burn instantly, but you could only touch it for few seconds before it became uncomfortable to hold. "I'm not sure, but I'd be willing to bet there's some sort of connection."

"You don't say?" Trychon said, his usual sarcasticness returning.

Raezyr rolled his eyes a bit at the comment. "You need to meditate on this, actively probe it with the Force. Hopefully you'll be able to figure out a way to control when it's activated, if it really does what we think it might."

"I'll do that tomorrow. Right now I need to turn in. It's getting pretty late." Trychon got up and moved for the door. As he reached it, he turned back and squinted one eye, "Aye, and ya better do the same, ya planet-lubber!"

-----------------------

The warning buzzer alerted them to their proximity to the Carida System early the next afternoon, and the three made their way to the cockpit. Raezyr and Dianna took up their respective seats in the pilot and co-pilot chair, while Trychon took one of the seats behind them.

"How well do you know Carida?" Dianna asked Raezyr as he took them out of hyperspace. The greenish blue jewel appeared in the distance as normal space returned.

"Not much beyond your standard tourist information.... oh, and I'm well aware of the Republic Military Academy here."

"There's a WHAT?" Trychon spat incredulously. "You knew that and brought us here anyway?"

"No one here is looking for us, and we won't be here that long, anyway," Raezyr reassured.

"So in other words, you have no plan as to where you're going to be setting down, do you?" Dianna continued.

"Nope. No clue. I just plan on..... improvising," Raezyr said.

Dianna sighed. "Fine, I hate revealing sources, but I have an old friend here who might be willing to lend a hand. I've got a private docking bay in his shipping facility. I'm only supposed to use it in an emergency, but this may qualify since I haven't been here in ages. I suppose you can park the ship there." Dianna got on the computer and entered the coordinates of the facility.

"No problem. Thanks for offering it. I'd be more than happy to dock my ship in your private berth," Raezyr said off-handedly.

"If you need me to guide you in, let me know. Sometimes docking in an unfamiliar bay can be tricky the first couple of times," Dianna said.

"I guess I wasn't very clear, my remark intended was an innuendo," Raezyr commented. Her lack of reaction had been a bit disappointing. He had really expected her to get mad, but apparently it had flown right over her head.

"I know. So was mine."

The cockpit was silent for awhile, and it took everything Raezyr had to keep his mind off of Dianna and on the ship's controls.

After a bit, Trychon began singing quietly, "Fifteen men on a dead man's chest. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. Drink and the devil had done for the rest. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...."

Raezyr and Dianna both burst out laughing.

1 comment: