December 18, 2008

57. Outlander Club - Tyrrazapon

He found his way to the end of the bar and sat down on the last bench stool. He merely looked at the barkeep and he was quickly being served.

"What'll it be?"

"I hear the ale isn't bad," Tyrrazapon murmered.

"Isn't bad? Well, buddy, I like to think it's better than any other ale in the galaxy."

"I'll take one," Tyrrazapon grew impatient with the exchange. He was promptly poured a drink and served in no time.

"By the way, you may want to take a seat in one of our corner booths while you wait," the tender offered.

"Why?""Well, the likes of you only ever come in here for a couple of reasons. Either you're running from somebody, or you're looking to meet up with someone. In this case, I don't really care why you're here, but you seem to not want anyone to know who you are," the barkeep went on.

"I'm not here for anyone and I'm definitely not running from anyone," Tyrrazapon swigged his ale.

"Could've fooled me. There have been men like you in here recently stirrin' up trouble so, you can sit here, take the booth or whatever, but I don't want any trouble in here tonight. Once or twice is enough for one day."

Men like me? What does that mean? My race? That's nothing to stir up a cause about. Dressed like me? Men like my father? What is this barkeep talking about. Finally some sort of lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment