December 18, 2008

70. The Search for Darth Vikon - Raezyr

"But that's where.... what?" Trychon asked.

Raezyr was silent for moment. "That's where THIS happened!" he yelled, pointing to the scar on his face.

After a minute he continued, more calmly, the anger just below the surface. "Master and I undertook a mission to Geonosis. A major arms dealer was going there to inspect his order of guard droids. The deal we made called for him not to return. I was only 15 at the time, and had not been tested yet in true face to face combat. It was supposed to be simple. Sneak in, take him out in his sleep, sneak out, but we didn't know that he was given to insomnia. We got in past his security easy enough, and I waited in the living area of his quarters. Master went in to his bed chambers, but she found him awake. She struck him down, but not before a brief struggle and after he was able to make a call to his security. The rushed in to find a 15 year old boy facing them with a light saber. I..... I froze. A large Gran swung his vibro sword at me. I jumped back in time to save my life, but not my face. I collapsed to the floor and looked up at the Gran who raised his sword for a killing blow. I stared at my death with one eye, the other blinded by the blood pouring down my face....."

"Master had this armor made for me shortly after that. She said that I should never take it off. That I was now too recognizable to ever be a good assassin. without it. She told me that if anyone ever saw my face, they had better be my ally forever, or it should be the last face they ever see." Raezyr at looked both Trychon and Tyrrazapon in turn. "I hope you two are the former."

Raezyr got up then from the pilot's seat and headed back to the med bay, leaving the cockpit in dead silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment