December 18, 2008

63. The Search for Darth Vikon - Tyrrazapon

Tyrrazapon gave them both a look. Darth Vikon? He wondered if he should respond or wait for another cue.

"You are wounded," he managed.

"We've seen a bit of action today. Caught a blast to the side," the man said.

Tyrrazapon studied the men intently. They didn't seem like the kind of men his father had been in line with. But his father had never really gone into much detail about the Jedi or their beliefs. He'd trained him a little and had him study some, but these two men didn't seem like Jedi.

"We've been looking for Darth Vikon," the other one said. "We thought perhaps you were he."

"My name is Tyrrazapon. Sorry to disappoint."

The men looked at each other and seemed to be studying one another. Tyrrazapon felt some sense of communication mingling among the three of them.

"Like he said, we've been trying to find Darth Vikon, and thought maybe we'd find him here. No luck thus far," the wounded one spoke again.

"Who are you two?" Tyrrazapon probed.

"Of course, apologies. I am Darth Raezyr, and this is my colleague, Darth Trychon. We belong to the Sith."

The Sith? I think I've heard of them before Tyrrazapon began to recall a little. He'd heard of course that there were warring factions among the Jedi, rogues, if you will. But he'd never really encountered any. These men didn't seem bad and in fact, he felt unusually comfortable conversing with them.

"Darths?"

Raezyr and Trychon looked at each other a second time.

Is he JEDI? they sent the same thought to each other.

"We assumed you belonged with us, or at least among us," Trychon replied.

Tyrrazapon shifted and took a drink from his ale. I'm really starting to enjoy this stuff. He peered at the two for a moment.

"Well, I need answers too. Perhaps I could learn to belong?" He cocked his head.

"We've got to get off this rock, for starters. Perhaps you could come along," Raezyr suggested.

"Wait, so you're not a Jedi? I don't sense that in you," Trychon leaned forward.

"Jedi? Hell no. My father was a Jedi."

"Oh. What happened to him?"

"I killed him."

No comments:

Post a Comment