December 19, 2008

80. The Search for Darth Vikon - Tyrrazapon

There was a knock at his cabin door. Tyrrazapon was a bit alarmed to find he'd dozed off. He took a moment to collect himself and look around.

The knock came again and Tyrrazapon gave permission to enter. The door split in two and disappeared into the wall and a droid entered the room.

"Good morning sir. Did you sleep well?" the droid waited for an answer.

"Morning? I guess I was out like a light huh?" Tyrrazapon moved across the room and prepared some water.

"Why, yes sir. You have been sleeping for nine hours, twenty-seven minutes and thirty one seconds," the droid explained. "Please excuse me but I do not understand 'out like a light' If I'm not mis--"

"It's fine. It's an express-- Look, I want you to return to the captain and ask him to check to see if he's heard anything about the status and condition of my ship," Tyrrazapon was in front of the droid now, sipping his water.

"Right away sir. Would there be anything else for you?"

"Just let me know if The Nefarion Wraith is still docked where I left it."

"On my way sir," the droid turned and exited and the doors were shut behind him.

Tyrrazapon made his way to the computer in the corner and attempted to find information about this damned Force. After a few minutes of searching files and data, he could only pull up basic information. It was general and offered the facts as part of a religious or philosophical line of beliefs. He rolled his eyes and found himself chuckling a bit as well.

As he read, he found some information on the sort of beliefs that the followers of the Force held themselves to. He was particularly interested in the bit about being able to tap into it and have it do whatever you wished.

He leaned back and mused for a while. This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever considered, but I've got nothing to lose. If there's another side to what father believed in, you can bet I want in.

No comments:

Post a Comment